Thanks for your interest in speaking and helping us put on an amazing WordCamp Birmingham!
We are actively seeking a wide variety of topics and a diverse speaker pool. No speaking experience is required to apply.
If you submit a proposal, here’s what you need to know:
- Speakers get a free ticket to WordCamp and an invitation to a VIP dinner prior to the event, but are not otherwise compensated.
- Sessions cannot be sales pitches for your product or services.
- Each session will be recorded and submitted to WordPress.tv, so you’ll need to sign an A/V release form.
- We will request presentation slides for review a few weeks before WordCamp. Make sure you can meet that deadline.
- WordCamp Birmingham has a Code of Conduct which applies to all participants at all WordCamp Birmingham events.
How Speakers will be Selected
The deadline for speaker submissions is August 31, 2017.
Once speaker applications close, the WordCamp Birmingham organizing team will review the submissions based on topic, assumed interest to attendees, and quality of application.
Selected speakers will be notified by September 6 and must RSVP by September 11.
Submit your Talk
You are welcome to submit more than one talk for consideration. Please complete a separate form for each talk you would like us to consider.